Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recipe Tuesday..........

I had to think really hard to come up with a recipe for my final Recipe Tuesday blog post and have decided to share my favorite pancake recipe with you.  I hope you enjoy it. 

Goodwife Farm's Apple Pancakes
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups goat milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TBSP canola oil
  • 1/2 apple, cored and chopped but NOT peeled
Add dry ingredients to medium sized bowl.  Mix wet ingredients except apples in measuring cup.  Add wet to dry, stirring just till combined.  Gently fold in apples.

Heat cast iron griddle til so hot that water drops sizzle merrily.  Drop batter on skillet by 1/4 cupfuls.  Cook, flip, and serve!  Makes about 12 pancakes.

I eat these topped with banana butter and they are delicious!  Very good, healthy, and filling!  Because I'm on Weight Watchers I put 3/4 cup of whole milk in my measuring cup, then add water to make 1 1/2 cup total.  If prepared this way they are 2.5 Weight Watchers points for 2 pancakes.

Till next time..............GOD BLESS FROM GOODWIFE FARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment