Saturday, December 29, 2018

In Remembrance of Pat Showalter

It is with a very heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Pat Showalter.

The first registered Kinder goats were bred by Pat, and she has been an active breeder and member of the KGBA every since. Pat was always very generous with her time and knowledge, and was integral to the creation and success of our the Kinder goat and the association.

Pat was more than just her goats, though... she was an accomplished artist. She saw beauty in everything and represented it in a wide range of media, including everything from textiles to soap. She was a woman with strong feelings about the world around her, and she stood up for what she believed in. She will be dearly missed by the many people who's lives she has touched.

Our hearts go out to Pat and all of her friends and family.

 

3 comments:

  1. I don't have many heroes, but Pat Showalter has been one of them since I met her in 2003. She had a long and interesting life, and she always treated me as if she'd known me forever, even though we were really just acquaintances. Pat's sharp mind, quick wit, and gentle spirit impressed me as much as her deep knowledge, devotion, and tender care of her beloved Kinder goats. I will remember her with fondness always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! This is such sad, sad news. She was a great encouragement to me when I first got into Kinders. Thank you for letting us know Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad news, we owe her so much.

    ReplyDelete