Friday, February 5, 2010

Madame

This is Madame, I just finished milking her last night, she is pretty much dried up. She will kid in late April, I am hoping for a buck from her this year, and a doe would be nice too.
This is my all time favorite goat picture, I have used it all over the place. Madame is probably the most photogenic of my goats, although her wether Nonami is also. His face has grown a bit crooked in the last year, I guess it's a good thing I didn't keep him intact.




This is Madame with her 2008 kids when they were very young, Nonami and Zelda. Nonami is her wether, and the other one is a doe who has gone to Texas. Zelda is apparently spoiled rotten there.






This is Madame with her 2009 kid Bolt.
He is living with a friend here who also helps me with goat things I can't easily do alone, like shots and hoof trimming.










This is a recent picture of Nonami and Madame. My current wethers are smaller than the first one I had was. I am thinking it might be because I neutered them at a week old. The first one was 3 weeks old. I'm going to test that this year and neuter them at 3 weeks.





Here is a picture of Madame that shows her shape. The next one is her udder, in 2009 after her second kidding.


I think these are all my goats, tomorrow I am going to talk about my dogs a little.

I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. More wonderful photos Jan! I'm very fond of udder shots, can't believe I forgot to include some in my blog postings ;) I look forward to hearing about your dogs!

    ReplyDelete