Monday, April 12, 2010

Bottle feeding kids



Hello again everybody!
I so enjoy bottle feeding our Kinder kids!
We once had one kid that was raised on her mother. She is now a sweetie but then she was a little wild.
She would get all the goats worked up and running around the pen just because she felt like it, she would never let us touch her and didn't even come when we had a bottle.
I remind myself of having to go through training her when I had to stay up most of the night to feed the kids. I enjoy feeding our kids much more now that they sleep through the night and drink less milk.





If you havn't bottle fed your kids before here are some basic tips.
  • Hold the baby the first few time you try to bottle feed. This way the baby can't move around when you and the baby are first trying this.
  • Hold the kid's neck up and as straight as possible.
  • Make sure the milk is not all dripping out of its mouth or it won't get good nutrition.

And have LOTS of fun!!! :-)


I hope you have a blessed evening.


Until the whole world hears,
Beth Joy Wood

2 comments:

  1. I agree that kids on the bottle are much more friendly than those that a dam raised. Some that are dam raised retain that fear of people all their lives.

    Thanks for sharing. Wonderful job!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth joy, I have never bottle fed before but I would like to. I have 5 bucklings that are 2 1/2 and 3 weeks old. Since I have never really milked the dams either (I'm kinda new at this), do you think it would be ok to milk the dam once a day and let the babies nurse once a day? I just hate to commit to milking twice a day. Any suggestions?
    Thanks so much, Carla Durham

    ReplyDelete